Tuesday, July 22, 2008

So you think you've got a Masters?

Do forgive me. It takes a bit to make me scream in frustration, but one lecturer cut the strings of my patience today.

I was having problems trying to print a statistics assignment (knowing beautiful INTI College printers and all), and today's problems were exacerbated more so than usual. It took me half an hour just to get things running and this lecturer came in to teach his half-gathered class.

All right, all right! It was my fault that I didn't print my assignment earlier in order to meet the deadline, but take a look at the following conversation and see what you think:

Lecturer: I have a class right now.
Me : I'm really sorry, I know, I know.
Lecturer: If you know then why don't you take action? (The nerve!!)
Me : Please, it's just two more graphs. Can't you allow me to continue printing?
Lecturer: I can't do that. Go print in another lab or somewhere.

The nerve of him! With that play-pretend stern face and all! At least talk nicely if you wanted to chase me out! I fully comprehend the need for you to have a silent class sleeping paying attention to you, but at least speak politely. You really don't need to prove your ego as none of your students probably cared anyway.

Maybe I'm overreacting, but I needed to get that of my chest. grrr...

1 comment:

curiosity said...

right on man. some masters really think they are something, but plse respect we students first, and we will do the same