Friday, November 14, 2008

New facelift!

Ok I couldn't find a movie quote this time. However I am proud to have finally redesigned some aspects of my blog. Fine, it was just a banner upgrade, but I'm still happy with it nevertheless.

This banner design parodies American comics of the 60s to the 70s. Pick up any copy of Amazing Spider-man or Batman and you'll see some similarities. And yes, my face strikes out like a grinning fool it is. Don't ask me why, it was just a spur of the moment thing.

Also, what exactly is the Comics Code Authority? The Comic Codes Authority was a regulatory (read: viciously dictatorial) body that censored comics back then. They were the ones that caused Batman to become the questionably flamboyant character he was in the sixties. (You know, BAM! POW! BIFF! Holy gee willickers, Batman!) Thank goodness Chris Nolan brought him back with the new Batman movies.

Anyway, I would like to take this opportunity say thank you to loyal readers, if there are any, for visiting my blog. Hope to see you again!

6 comments:

漆黑之月 said...

Niceeey change! =)
Keep up with the goooodie job!

Arius said...

Look who we have here. :P

Nice and simple against a splash of shocking red, blue and yellow.

Nothing like primary colours to remind you that... you need a hobby.

Just kidding. Good job with it though. XD

ComicGuy89 said...

Haha thanks to all. I didn't know you read my blog Aziemah! Why's your blog empty, by the way? There used to be so much venom. =P

Boon Lee said...

reminds me of a comic book, :D. Nice one though!

ComicGuy89 said...

Thanks for the compliment, wenli!

Jeffrey said...

a lil touch of Gerard. hahaa..
hw hols?
=)
and i can check my results dy ..
Finally ..